Saturday, May 9, 2015

BOOK RELEASE: Corporate Ladder


There was a TV show set in the 1960s that a lot of people seemed to think was very cool and well done. I don’t know about cool, and I guess it was well done, but I only watched a couple of episodes and my personal assessment is: it’s not inaccurate but it’s not really accurate, if you know what I mean. It’s true, guys tended to wear suits and ties to work and to ball games and on dates. It’s also true some people didn’t give women all the respect they deserved but that’s true today, isn’t it?

Everyone was pretty well wetting themselves over the main character on this program. The impression I got was he’s supposed to be kind of a jerk. Some people might say he’s someone you love to hate. Maybe. I can tell you I’ve had bosses like him and, to be honest, I didn’t love hating them. For the most part I didn’t have any personal feelings for them. There was one, though, you didn’t just hate. You wanted him to die. He was a total prick. He knew he was a prick. I think he enjoyed being a prick. But he was an equal opportunity prick because you did what he wanted or you got fired. Man or woman.

***excerpt from Corporate Ladder***

Available at:

Amazon


Barnes & Noble 

-and-

OmniLit

No comments:

Post a Comment